Topic: Embed several videos in illustration

I have made an illustration where I want to embed videos on various (approx 40) places in the illustration. I would like to do this while maintaining the original illustration, i.e., make it apparent that the videos are there, but you should still see everything in the illustration. I have tried to make the opacity 100% which looks fine when I view it in editing mode, but when I look at the preview each video looks like a black box covering the part of the illustration that I want to be visible. Is this making sense? Any possible solutions to this?
Thanks in advance,
Mikael Bäckman

Re: Embed several videos in illustration

Dear Mikael,
Thanks for your question!
Please note that 100% opacity of a tool means total transparency. The tool is not visible anymore.
Unfortunately, opacity does not work well with video tools. The video tool has a black background by default. 100 transparency result in a black background. Changing the color of the background of the video tool does not change that when using opacity. I will ask RC developers if it is possible to change the default background of the video tool. We'll keep you posted.
Best

Thank you, looking forward to hearing back from you.

I will ask the developers if we can better control over the background color of video tools.
A quick workaround for now is using the pages' raw CSS (https://guide.researchcatalogue.net/#page-settings---style)

.jw-wrapper {
   background-color: transparent !important;
}

.tool-video {
  background-color: transparent !important;
}