Topic: Where is media repository?

Hi there, I need to organize my media.

Looks like the sets function does not support importing word documents which limits its utility. Is this right?

Can I organize media already uploaded into subfolders etc?

I understand there is a media repository, is this where this is done?

I can only see the media browser to the right but no way of organizing media into subfolders and so on, where can I find the repository?

Thank you.

Re: Where is media repository?

Thorolf wrote:

Looks like the sets function does not support importing word documents which limits its utility. Is this right?

- Currently, this is not yet possible, but it is certainly on our feature list. It is already possible to upload and convert word documents in the graphical editor and text-based editor.

If you really have a need to convert Word docs (or any other structured text format) into text and media, I can highly recommend taking a look at Pandoc: https://pandoc.org/, it is available for free and well documented. You can use that to split the document into plain text or HTML and a folder of media files for the images.

Thorolf wrote:

Can I organize media already uploaded into subfolders etc?

- For simplicity and budget limitations, we decided not to implement sub-folders, only sets. Sets cannot be nested, but a media can be part of multiple sets at once. Despite the limitation that sets cannot be nested, you can use Tags and Filtering on tags to organize media and also sets themselves on a detailed level, similar to nesting or even network of media to concepts.

Thorolf wrote:

I understand there is a media repository, is this where this is done?

&

Thorolf wrote:

I can only see the media browser to the right but no way of organizing media into subfolders and so on, where can I find the repository?

The media repository is available from your account menu, under "media repository", or click the button on "my profile".
In the graphical based editor you can view the media from the repository that have been added to sets. The repository is not yet directly available in the editors, the integration of the repository into the editors is currently under development.