Topic: Problem with server

Is there a problem with the RC server at the moment - or is it just me. I am unable to open several pages in my exposition in progress, getting the error "This page isn't working - HTTP ERROR 500". I have tried restoring several snapshots that previously worked and they have the same issue.

Jim

Re: Problem with server

Hello Jim,

this sounds like a bug. I will report it.
It could help if you remember you changed anything specific in these pages or did they throw this error spontaneously?
A classic problem was that an image is removed from the media list that is used as a background. Currently the RC shouldn't allow this anymore, but there may be related issues that caused the problem, so this is why I ask.

Thanks Casper

I will look at that. Although I can't understand why I get the same problem with earlier snapshots that were working before? Maybe I misunderstand how they work, but I thought they were like backups of earlier states of the exposition?

Jim

Hi Casper

One thing I did was to change the order of pages in the Contents list and I think I changed the landing page as well - could that be relevant?

Jim

Hi Jim,

Can you try again? I think the issue should be solved now.

It probably didn't have anything to do what you edited in your exposition, the issue affected also many other expositions.
But the developers where (very) quick to fix it just a few moments ago. Thank you for notifying us of it !

Hi Casper

Yes it is fixed now thank you (and the developers) - It was worrying as it looked like I had lost a lot of work!

(I think a lesson to keep some of the work backed up of-line as best I can just in case ...)

Best wishes

Jim