Topic: Footnote colouring inconsistent

Hi!

I'm using the graphical editor and adding text using the html tool.
When I make a footnote, I select a word or phrase and use the 'link' symbol and then choose footnote

when its just a word or phrase the footnote is colored as expected

when the selection looks like this: A. Bcdef (1234, 56)
(underneath a citation)
the color is sometimes works and sometimes not,... no idea why

Any information on this?

Best,
Tijs

Re: Footnote colouring inconsistent

We have not seen this issue before, thank you for notifying us!
For us to inspect what is going wrong, can you send us the tool content (just click HTML button in HTML tool).
or mail us the link of the exposition page (casper@researchcatalogue.net)

best,
Casper

<p id="docs-internal-guid-fd1e1bdf-7fff-28ec-9fa6-b37ee30c3d9e" style="line-height: 1.38; text-align: justify; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;" dir="ltr"><span style="color: #ffffff; font-size: 14pt; font-family: crimson pro, serif;"><span style="background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;">Another approach is to implement nonlinear transformations within a feedback loop. To give an example, in one of the instruments, the signal of one of the oscillators is <a href="#1870521" data-popover-auto="0" data-popover="1870521" data-popover-options="{&quot;viewon&quot;:0,&quot;width&quot;:200,&quot;height&quot;:300,&quot;background&quot;:0,&quot;position&quot;:1,&quot;title&quot;:&quot;231_compared&quot;,&quot;autocontent&quot;:false}">compared</a></span><span style="background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;"> to another signal, resulting in a gate signal that is either high or low in voltage. This gate signal is then used to trigger another process, whose output feeds back as an input to the original oscillator. In these types of cases, the output shifts back and forth erratically depending on the state of the comparator. All of these feedback-based approaches to establishing complex, chaotic systems are influenced by the field of cybernetics.&nbsp;</span></span></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p style="line-height: 1.38; margin-left: 36pt; text-align: justify; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;" dir="ltr"><span style="font-size: 14pt; color: #ffffff; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: italic; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap; font-family: crimson pro, serif;">&ldquo;Cybernetics is fundamentally about analyzing systems, that use feedback, which is feeding the output signal back into the input signal, that allows a system to adapt to changes in its environment. This leads us to the idea of machine intelligence, but also to autonomous systems and systems that can be self-regulating.&rdquo;</span></p>
<p style="line-height: 1.38; margin-left: 36pt; text-align: justify; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;" dir="ltr"><a href="#1870522" data-popover-auto="0" data-popover="1870522" data-popover-options="{&quot;viewon&quot;:0,&quot;width&quot;:200,&quot;height&quot;:300,&quot;background&quot;:0,&quot;position&quot;:1,&quot;title&quot;:&quot;232_C. Miller (2020)&quot;,&quot;autocontent&quot;:false}"><span style="font-size: 14pt; color: #ffffff; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap; font-family: crimson pro, serif;">C. Miller (2020)</span></a></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p style="line-height: 1.38; text-align: justify; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;" dir="ltr"><span style="font-size: 14pt; color: #ffffff; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap; font-family: crimson pro, serif;">However, within most of the early usagesof&nbsp; cybernetics, feedback is implemented as a form of goal-oriented control, whereas my own practice uses similar methods to move away from control, establishing states of chaos and disorder. Feedback is used to regulate processes, but the implementation of nonlinearity obstructs this effort. In a sense, my instruments act like aimless cybernetic entities, perpetually engaged in efforts to self-balance yet too unstable to ever fully succeed. All the aesthetic qualities that emerge as the instruments are played come about as the circuits attempt to negotiate conflicting flows of electricity. The sonic behaviors emanating from the speakers are the byproduct of a cybernetic feedback system that is trying to mediate the logic behind its own operation. </span></p>

The exposition I'm making has a black background, text is white and footnotes grey

Thanks! One thing that jumps to my mind that you could try is to set the default color of hyperlinks in the page settings. You can reach these by going to the right hand tab > pages and open the "edit page" dialog through clicking the icon that looks like a pencil.
edit link color