Topic: finding a displaced tool

An unfortunate thing happened to me, as I was editing a picture tool to move its upper left corner to x:36000 and y:17600. As I was pasting the y-coordinate, I think I added the correct value to the original one rather than replacing it, thus causing the tool to disappear into the distance (with 10-digit number y-coordinate perhaps). I know exactly what image goes into that location so it is not a problem to replace it. But I still need to find the displaced tool and delete it in order to crop the page back to its original size. I was searching around the far border of the page but it is nowwhere to be found. Is it possible that the tool is hidden even beyond that point (the border is at y:17895582). Is there a way to remove tools from the page that are placed beyond a certain point? Or to display coordinates without clicking on the tools one by one? (There are well over 2000 images in my image archive, but the picture tool is titled picture #2 in all these cases even though it contains different media). Or to find a picture tool based on the media file (IMG_1085) which it contains?

Re: finding a displaced tool

Dear Lenka,
Thanks for your question!
On which page do you find this problem? Is it on the one called "Image archive"?
Best!

Yes, it is on the image archive page!

Kind regards,

L.

Hi Lenka,
Yes, there is a way to find your media file based on the name.
In the workspace of the exposition, click on the right menu "pages" and select your page "image archive."
In the same menu click now on "media" -> "simple media."
A list of the media used on the page will appear. Search for the IMG_1085. The list is ordered alphabetically.
At the moment, there are three iterations of the media IMG_1085. Probably, you need to delete these three to be sure.
I hope this helps!
Best!

Hi!

I followed your advice but was only able to delete two iterations out of those three. The third one (likely the one causing the issue) won`t let me. The message is:

Some Simple Medias are still in use. Please remove the usages first, then you can delete it from the repository.

There is only one usage listed. Is there a way to force deleting it? Or to locate it at least, now that I know which one it is exactly?

Best,

L.

Hi Lenka,
Thanks for letting us know!
It seems that the displacement of the tool has created a bug. I reported it to our developers. They will do their best to fix it. I'll keep you posted.
Best!